Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 09:48:35 +0100 (MET)
From: Eduardo Diaz Comellas <miedu@lander.es>
To: Lista de usuarios de debian <submit-linux-debian-user@yggdrasil.com>
Subject: apropos core dumps

Hi!

I installed debian 1.14 a few weeks ago, and have found some problems.....

1.- apropos finishes with a core dump, and there is no makewhatis command.
2.- mc fails to work saying that there is no libgpm.so....
3.- I canot run executor, as I need libgdbm.so.2, and there is no package
	available with it... even rex has the libgdbm-1

Apart from this problems, I think debian is the definitive distribution. I
work at the university as system administrator, and I plan to remove that
old slackware in favor of debian. BTW, is there any way to install debian
in a large group of computers without selecting the packages every time?
Perhaps using a particular file as default packages selected?

Thanks a lot for this wonderful work.