named woes

Hi all,

I have everything working alright on Debian 1.2, except named.

named is working, it will resolve names with no problems. Unfortunately, it connects to my ISP, so when I use it when the link is down it takes quite a while to get up and running. On Debian 1.1 it this worked ok. On Debian 1.2 it times out before it gets resolves the address. I have worked around it for the moment by having my ISP's address appear 3 times in resolv.conf, it treats it as three different name servers.

This is but a frig, how can I change the timeout?

Simon Martin