ppp and mgetty

Hi all,

... and now for something completely different. I have one modem on my debian box. I use this to connect to my ISP using diald/ppp. works a charm.

I now need to enable external access to my debian box. I am going to be travelling and I will need access to my hard disk. I downloaded mgetty and configured it, but when it is spawned, diald will raise the ip link but ppp fails. Any bright ideas?

TIA

Simon Martin