Help...

Ok folks -

I have tried for several days now to compile a custom kernel for Debian
GNU/Linux 1.1.2 that I got from sunsite.  When I type "make-kpkg -r
Custom.1.... kernel_image" after a lengthy compile I get the error:

dpkg-gencontrol: command not found
make: *** [stamp-image] Error 127

and then the script dies.  Can someone please tell me where I can get the
gen-control utility?  I have read the docs and installed debian with
dselect so I thought any dependencies would be resolved.  Please respond
to my email address since I have just subscribed to this list and it might
not be active yet.

Thanks....