Re: Floppy installation problem

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Wes Jennings wrote:

>   aic7xxx: Downloading sequencer code...done
>   aic7xxx: Resetting the SCSI bus...done
>   NCR53c406a: no available ports found
>   aic7xxx: (aic7xxx_isr) Encountered spurious interrupt.
>   PPA: unable to initialise controller at 0x378, error 2
>   scsi0 : Adaptec AHA274x/284x/294x (EISA/VLB/PCI-Fast SCSI) 3.2/3.1/3.0
>   scsi : 1 host
>   aic7xxx: Scanning channel A for devices.
>   aic7xxx: (aic7xxx_isr) BRKADRINT error(0x1):
>     Illegal Host Access
>   Kernel panic: aic7xxx: (aic7xxx_isr) BRKADINT, error(0x1) seqaddr(0xd9).

What is your Adaptec IRQ set for?  Your list doesn't say.

I have the same EXACT card, so I know it half way decently.  Set it to the
default IRQ of 11.  That line seems to work better on IRQ 11.

Also please remember that DOS does not use the IRQ (Unless you loaded the
drivers for dos/windoze), so you COULD still have a hardware problem.
You can probably call up Adaptec for support on this one.  Just route
yourself under "Unix" support.  The unix guys are pretty cool.  The one I
talked to didn't know that Linux supported the product, and we sat and
talked about Linux for the last 5 min of the call ... :)

--
                              Daniel Stringfield
       mailto:servo@jax-inter.net http://www.jax-inter.net/users/servo