re:Help...

> I have tried for several days now to compile a custom kernel for Debian
> GNU/Linux 1.1.2 that I got from sunsite.  When I type "make-kpkg -r
> Custom.1.... kernel_image" after a lengthy compile I get the error:
>
> dpkg-gencontrol: command not found
> make: *** [stamp-image] Error 127

You need to install dpkg-dev package from the devel section of (un)stable.
Unfortunately, kernel-package package does not depend on it.  This should
probably be reported as a bug.

Cheers,

Snoopy

--
Todd Harper            "Damn it Smithers, this isn't rocket science,
toddh@nortel.ca         it's brain surgery!" -- Mr. Burns