Re: X11 bashing

> > Qt forbids anybody from modifying their source code.  So what
> > if they changed their license when they've gained enough momentum?
>
> As far as I understand it, you can release code with a new licence, but
> you cannot change the licence on released code.  Thus, if they changed
> their licence we would be stuck with the older code.

I don't believe that that is correct.  As copyright owner, they can
license it anyway they want.

What they can't do, however, is change an existing license without the
consent of the licnsee (you).  If you have a license saying you can
use it for noncommercial use without modification, they can't say that
you can't use it for noncommercial use.  However, they can issue a
-new- license to modify it, if they wish.

In other words, they can GPL the old code if they want.  I believe
something similar happens like that with gs from Alladin.