Re: X11 bashing

Martin Konold wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Larry 'Daffy' Daffner wrote:
> > -> Have look at the kde project.
> > [ Stuff snipped ]
> >
> > I strongly doubt that KDE has the momentum to succeed. It's based on
> > Qt, which is a proprietary standard.  Granted the implementation is
> > delivered 'free for noncommercial use', but I don't see that as a
> > significant difference.  It's still a proprietary toolkit, which will
> > keep the GNU crowd disinterested, as well as making it inappropriate
> > for Debian proper.
> In contrast to motif Qt is fully C++ OO.
> Qt comes with source. Any gpled sw can be distributed with soure or binary
> of Qt.
> Just building proprietary sw without source.. cost money.
> So it is really free and can be well used for gpled sw.

Qt forbids anybody from modifying their source code.  So what
if they changed their license when they've gained enough momentum?
Debian GNU/Linux 1.1 is out! { http://www.debian.org/ }
Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@greathan.apana.org.au>
{ http://greathan.apana.org.au/~herbert/ }
PGP Key:  pgp-public-keys@pgp.mit.edu or any other key sites