Re: Big IDE drive on old bios

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Paul Christenson wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Stephen Fuqua wrote:
>
> However, the way I recommend is NOT to use lilo, but loadlin.  Create a
> small (a few meg) DOS partition as the first partition, and have the
> AUTOEXEC.BAT simply run loadlin.

Hmm, just try 'linear and compact' in /etc/lilo.conf
loadlin in a linux only is a waste of space and gives B.G an other $ he
does not deserve.

If you really need loadlin (I doubt) then use a simple freedos solution.
Just have a look at the well implemented Debian boot floppies.

Yours,
-- martin
P.S. Will the upcoming Debian 1.2 support the SCSI NC810 for booting?

// Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de              //
       Linux - because reboots are for hardware upgrades
       -- Edwin Huffstutler <ehuff@sedona.intel.com> --

   Just go ahead and write your own multitasking multiuser os !
                 Worked for me all the times.
                     -- Linus Torvalds --