Mail server for MIME supported MUA's

I am setting up a Debian Linux e-mail server for a small Windows for
Workgroups based LAN and need to use a MIME capable agent like pine.
Pine uses Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) instead of POP to
transfer mail to WfWg clients.  IMAP is available as a (non-free)
debian packages and pine clients software is available at University
of Washington (ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/pine/pcpine).

1. I have had some experience with POP (and WfWg based MUA's) but not
with IMAP.  Are there any special precautions or concerns with IMAP
and/or pc-pine?

2. The pine/IMAP combination is the only one that I have found that
provides MIME capability in this setting.  Am I overlooking others?

--
 \ Carl Greco           PHONE voice: (402) 496-3381 /