Re: pppd problems

> Help! (-:

[snip]

> # pon
> Sorry - this system lacks PPP kernel support       (from pppd, I think)

Okay, first off... this message is VERY misleading. What this really means
is that the pppd was denied, and it's assuming that the kernel lacks support
for it.

In my case, it was that I was giving it the wrong tty to operate through,
or something like that. So, if you're fairly sure you've got the support
loaded, look for other things that could boosh pppd. The first thing I'd
look at is something locking the tty you're trying to use....

- Joe