Re: ??? About New Installation - Successes and Problems

Jason,
Use dpkg to directly install package files. The command "dpkg -i *.deb;
dpkg --pending --configure" run in the directory with your packages
will install all of the .deb files and then resolve most of the dependancy
problems the second time around that resulted from the packages not being
installed in the right order. If a dpkg --audit still reports problems,
you need to get a package in order to make another package work. The
net-base package is required for networking support.
--
Stephen Pitts					pitts2@memphisonline.com
Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux 1.1 on an Intel Pentium 150

"I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a
week sometimes to make it up."
		-- Mark Twain, "The Innocents Abroad"