mounting files as filesystems

Hi,

I remember having heard of some way to mount a *file* as filesystem. I
would want to use this to mount an iso9660 filesystem that is created as
file. Still with me? :)

I couldn't find info on this anywhere. Is there somebody who has
experience in burning CD's who has done this and can help me out here?

Maarten