Linux SMP

Hi guys...

I'm wondering if attempting to use Linux-SMP is any good. Afterall, for
real efficiency, don't the programs/daemons/utilities have to be designed
in such a way that they'll make use of SMP capabilities?

For example, if I have sendmail, pop3d, httpd daemons running, on a dual
processor system with SMP kernel, as compared to a single-processor
system, would I gain much advantage?

Let's say, for example, a dual-133 and a single-PPro200. My feeling is
that for raw speed and efficiency, the PPro200 would easily win out...

Now, due to the fact that most ISP usage is dependent on bandwidth
limitations (meaning that a lot of the time the raw processor power won't
do much good) what is your opinion on choosing a more effective system?
Between say dual-133 or single-Pro200?

I definitely feel that on "internal" processing, like compiling, using
msql, etc, the Pro200 would by far be the better choice.

Regards,
Ricardo