Re: Unidentified subject!

On Mon, 23 Sep 1996, Paul Christenson [N3EOP] wrote:

> > I just just installed Debian from the August 96 release of
> > Infomagic's 6 CD set and I would like to know how to access
[...]

> I have no idea why the 'non-free' set is not included on the CD set,
> other than for space reasons, as most of the programs in that set are
> included in the other distributions.

I think Infomagic should put a little more effort in distributing Debian:
the booklet instructions cover Redhat and Slackware, which are, by the way,
simpler in installation than debian (the main reason is that the user
interface of dselect is not intuitive to me, and I kept making errors on
my third installation too).
So, some people have the feeling that debian is not the way to go, while
upgrading a debian installation is of course much simpler than in other
distributions.

It's my first attempt at Debian (my previous experiences were with slackware
2.1, 2.2., 2.3, 3.0, and little yggdrasil & redhat) and I really like it,
altough I've been disappointed by some a.out binaries.

All The Best,
 Marco

Support Microsoft!  Share with us your Windows success stories!