Re: Unidentified subject!

> I have no idea why the 'non-free' set is not included on the
[Infomagic]
> CD set,
> other than for space reasons, as most of the programs in that set are
> included in the other distributions.

Probably because we are considerate :-( In Debian, all packages that
cannot be freely redistributed (e.g. that may not (always) be put on
CD, or exported from the USA) are separated from the main distribution
in the 'non-free' section, whereas other distribution don't make that
distinction.

CD manufacturers could put parts of non-free on CD, but they'd have to
take the effort to check it per package. As each package includes
copyright information, this is not too hard to do.

Joel, please consider making that effort for the next Infomagic release.

Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,