Re: STB Powegraph graphics card problem (was:HELP: Probs configuring X)

>  Justin> My hardware: STB Powergraph 64 Video(S3 Trio64V+ Chipset) MAG DX17F
>  Justin> Monitor(30-64kHz Horizontal, 50-100Hz Vertical)
> I still get a 2mm brighter line on the left, so that's where I put Goodstuff
> buttons and Icons, and put Emacs safely on the right.

The solution is to upgrade to one of the late 3.1.2 betas; lots of bugs
related to the 64V+ chipset were fixed. I have a noname Trio64V+ card,
I used to get the bright border, but not any more. 3.1.2G is the latest;
none of the betas are available as Debian packages (by policy of
the maintainer), but you should be able to extract the binaries over
the top of the existing 3.1.2 ones and dpkg/dselect shouldn't know
the difference. (Or at least, I guess it won't; haven't tried doing
anything with it since upgrading).

hamish