Re: need help: error opening terminal con80x25 during instal

change "console" to "linux". As you can check that is the entry in the terminfo
database. I think the change occurred in the 1.3.x development stage of Linux.
lazaro <salem@rf.no>

Subject: need help: error opening terminal con80x25 during install
Author:  debian-user@lists.debian.org at cclink
Date:    23.09.96 20:58

Hi,

I asked this question earlier but got no answer. Would very much like
to try debian but can't run dselect. Please take a quick look... it
can't be a difficult one:

After having installed debian for the first time and logging in as
root I got the opportunity to install packages with dselect.  However,
when dselect started, it gave the message:

error opening terminal con80x25

and quit, leaving me with an almost empty system.
The TERM variable was indeed con80x25. Changing it to "console" did'nt help.
Does anybody know what I did wrong?

Thanks for helping!

===================Servalys Analytical Chemistry Services=================
Wybo H. Dekker        | Deilsedijk 60                 | tel (31)345-652164
wybo@servaly.hobby.nl | 4158 CH Deil, The Netherlands | fax (31)345-652383