Re: debian startup scripts & dedicated ppp

The simple solution to your problem is to put the 'noauto' option on your nfs
directory entry in /etc/fstab, and then put an explicit mount command (and
corresponding umount command) in the init.d/ppp script.

You could also setup amd, but that could be overkill for your situation.

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 3 days. If you don't   ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail. ]
[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"There is a coherent plan in the universe, though I don't know what it's a
   plan for."
   - Fred Hoyle