Re: Shouldn't go app-defaults in /etc/X11?

Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> writes:
> However, a sysadmin might want to have a way to make a global override.
> For example, to configure Mosaic to use a proxy. Wouldn't it be nice
> if the relevant scripts allowed this? All that is needed is that they
> use /etc/X11/app-defaults/Foo, if it exists, after they have used
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults, and before they use ~/.Xresources.

I feel like a broken record, here, but would people involved in this
discussion please look at /usr/doc/X11/debian.README?  Otherwise
you're wasting both your own and others' time.

For instance, it mentions the solution to the above mentioned issue:

  Please note that this distribution expects you to leave app-defaults
  files unchanged. If you want to customise X applications globally, put
  your customisations in /etc/X11/Xresources.

Mike.