Re: Shouldn't go app-defaults in /etc/X11?

"Brian C. White":
> Personally, since these are _defaults_ that are intended to be overridden
> by user configuration, I think they are fine where they are.  These
> programs are not system utilities that need to be configured.  These
> are just defaults and there are documented ways for a user to change
> them as to their individual preferences.

However, a sysadmin might want to have a way to make a global override.
For example, to configure Mosaic to use a proxy. Wouldn't it be nice
if the relevant scripts allowed this? All that is needed is that they
use /etc/X11/app-defaults/Foo, if it exists, after they have used
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults, and before they use ~/.Xresources.

I'm afraid I don't have time to do this, but it should be simple.