RE: mailing list

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Ninoles, Fabien: DGSE wrote:

> More of that, a news group is more organized. Thread
> are follow up and it's easy to jump over some who
> don't interested yourself. This will help people to
> got an answer more easily and more quickly, and to
> free a bit the traffic on this mail list (Debian-users).

(clipped)

If you haven't yet, I suggest you look at pine.  Pine can be set
to sort on "ordered subject" and will behave like a threaded
news reader.  (I think it isn't "actually threaded" but I don't
know the exact difference.)  Pine makes newgroups and mailing
lists almost equivalent.  (some people don't like that design,
though.)

--kmb203@psu.edu---------------Debian/GNU--1.1---Linux--2.0.14---
    Develop free apps?  Look at http://www.ied.com/~honza/fslu/
Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little.