Re: Squid 1.0.9 available at ftp.fuller.edu

Hello,

Re: 2 "versions" of squid 1.0.9

> >?? Why double the work.

We should not do that but I have used 1.0.7 from Miquel.
It runs under RunCache as the user "proxy" with the logfile
paths compiled in e.t.c.

What I am trying to say (my native language is Icelandic :-)
is that we could have a consensus about configuration and
deal with problems relating to the install scripts together.
For example I have the cache partitions mounted in the root
but would be willing to move them for compatibility.

Also things relating to md (RAID), performance and kernel
hacking could be things we should work on and possibly end
up with a special kernel and/or a HOWTO.

> This was an ad for the debianized version.

So then this is an ad for a squid optimized debian :-)

Best Regards
Gudmundur Ragnar
ragnar@here.is
this.is/ragnar