Re: Not keeping correct time

: On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Shaya Potter wrote:
> Subject: Re: Not keeping correct time
:
: I just noticed that my linux box dosen't seem to be keeping correct
: time.  I tried running xntp to correct it, but it wouldn't work (does
: it  work behind firewalls?) Does anyone know of an efficient way to
: make my linux box keep correct time?

I don't know if xntp works behind firewalls, but as a test you can try
running ntpdate, which should be part of the same package.

Run

# ntpdate -d <list of hosts>

as root (without xntpd running).  You should get back about a page of
information for each remote host and, at the bottom, it should tell you
which host it liked and how far off your clock is.  Note that the
remote hosts must be running the xntpd server for this to work.

Chris -)-----

crh@nts.umn.edu              Networking and Telecommunications Services