Installing Netscape with dpkg

Hello;

I have been getting lots of warning messages about the nls directory
and about XKeysymDB using a binary of 2.02 I stole from my Slackware system,
with no preparation other than sticking the binary in /usr/X11R6/bin.

I tried to use dpkg to install Netscape the _right_ way, and it expects
a netscape 3.0b4 file to be in /tmp; here is what dpkg says when I try
dpkg -i using the 1.1 cdrom:

[snip]
Setting up netscape (3.0-beta4-1) ...
ERROR: The Netscape archive must be in /tmp under the name:
       /tmp/netscape-v30b4-export.i586-unknown-linux-elf.tar.[gz|Z]

       Do NOT simply rename the archive of another version in order to
       force it to install with this package.  It will not work.
[snip]

Anyway, I looked on the Netscape ftp archive last night and they now
have 3.0b5, 3.0b6, and 3.0b7 _only_ on their site, not b4.

Dpkg specifically asks for the beta 4 binary; can I get away with using
one of the newer binaries?  Do I need to tweak anything to get it to
install using dpkg?

Thanks a lot!
---
Key fingerprint =  D6 A7 D7 8C 92 CB 42 FD  60 D5 62 1C D7 B9 EA 8E
Ken Gaugler  N6OSK         Hybrid Networks, Inc.  Cupertino, Calif.
"The life of a Repo Man is ALWAYS INTENSE..."