Re: loss of routing info with 2.0.0

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Rick Hawkins wrote:

> I have compiled the 2.0.0 kernel (successfully), but lost my routing
> info in the process (coming from 1.3.95).  "route" only shows the
> machine itself.
>
> If i manually add the missing router & gateway, it works fine, but i
> lose this on reboot.
>
> help! :)
>
> rick

I had to add a default gateway to one of the files in /etc/init.d also:

route add default gw (my gateway's ip)

NOTE: I don't know if this has been fixed or where the problem is .. I'm not
sure how up-to-date my system is.  Also this may not be the correct fix.

This happened around the same Kernel versions you mention.  However at the
same time I also had to reinstall the entirety of Debian due to disk
corruption... (fsck actually hanged the system) so I thought it was just me.

__kmb203@psu.edu_________________________Debian__1.1___Linux__2.0.0___
Pascal, n.:  A programming language named after a man who would turn over in
his grave if he knew about it.