Re: Problems doing compiles.

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I know, I have the latest packages...  I got them from the
mirror a few days ago.

The ones I have installed are:

libc5-5.2.18-6.deb dated May 1
libc5-dev-5.2.18-6.deb dated May 1
gcc-2.7.2-8.deb dated May 2

In fact, I have reinstalled them (and others, "just in case") several
times in the course of trying to get this working.

A few days ago, I tried kludging around the problem like your
suggestion, and then everything compiles fine, but on the link step, of
larger packages (like the kernel) I get back a bunch of "undefined
reference to `_ctype'" messages on the link step, although my "hello,
world" test program will compile and link (but nothing else will).

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Evan