Re: (sort of) Bug in mc

> I'm using precompiled binary of mc-3.1.4 that came with Debian-1.1 beta,
> kernel 1.3.64.  Mc is compiled with libncurses.so.3 (1.9.9e) and libc.so.5
> (5.2.18 ?), gcc-2.7.2 (?) --  Fernando Alegre (alegre@mars.superlink.net)
> knows the details.

I just wonder if it is possible for the maintainer of the debian
package to configure the program to not use ncurses (ie, to let the
default screen manager be used) and to upgrade to a newer version of
the program (3.2.1 is current, I announced it a couple of days ago on
mc-announce).

The reason for not using ncurses is that the Midnight Commander will
not honor the window resizing request, this was done because ncurses
crashes.

Miguel