Re: mailing list as digest?

On Mon, 20 May 1996 Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca wrote:

>   Matthew> To the point: unfortunately, the volume is very large. I'd much
>   Matthew> prefer to get this mailing list in digest format. Does anyone know
>   Matthew> if this is possible with the list server that debian.org uses? No
>   Matthew> mention is made on their web pages, the place I signed up from.
>
> You can use either "procmail" or "mailagent" to filter your incoming mail
> into different folders. Very, very convenient. Both packages are in the mail
> directory of the Debian distribution.

I use "procmail" to forward my linux-kernel mail to a listproc server,
which digestifies it and sends it back to me and some advanced users
here.  The digests come about once per day, and average 150K.  A
related list, debian-user, averages 75K per day.

It's not official or anything, but if you want you can subscribe to
one or both of these by emailing "listproc@tln.lib.mi.us":

	subscribe linux-kernel Your Name
	subscribe debian-user Your Name
	thank you

The politeness tells it to ignore the .signature.  :-)

--- Johnie Ingram <johnie@tln.lib.mi.us> of The Library Network