Re: (sort of) Bug in mc

On Tue, 28 May 1996, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> I just wonder if it is possible for the maintainer of the debian
> package to configure the program to not use ncurses (ie, to let the
> default screen manager be used) and to upgrade to a newer version of
> the program (3.2.1 is current, I announced it a couple of days ago on
> mc-announce).

The upgrade was done last week. It might still be in the Incoming
directory, however. But I used ncurses since it was not clear to me that
it was broken. I will upload a new slang-based version.

By the way, I created a script to handle debian packages as an extfs,
similar to the one included for Red Hat packages. Would you be willing to
include it in your mainstream distribution?

Regards,
	Fernando Alegre
	alegre@mars.superlink.net