Re: kernel headers

Hi,
>>"Scott" == Scott Barker <scott@galileo.cuug.ab.ca> writes:

Scott> Is there a good reason that the kernel headers have been
Scott> separated from the kernel source? I think it is a very Bad
Scott> Thing to separate the headers from the kernel. The kernel is
Scott> the heart of the whole system, and I don't think it's wise to
Scott> split it up.

	The kernel-source package is a superset of the kernel-headers
 package, so the headers have not been "separated" from the rest of
 the source.

	The kernel headers package are for those people who are
 not satisfied with the headers in libc5-dev, (or don't have
 libc5-dev, in which case I wonder why they want the headers at all,
 since compilation (I think) depends on having libc5-dev), and also
 don't want to pull in the rest of the kernel sources.

	If this is not in the description, It should be, and I'll add
 it into the next version of the kernel-packages package (to be
 uploaded later today).

	manoj
--
Everyone has a purpose in life.  Perhaps yours is watching television.
-- David Letterman %%