Re: kernel headers

Manoj Srivastava said:
> 	The kernel headers package are for those people who are
>  not satisfied with the headers in libc5-dev, (or don't have
>  libc5-dev, in which case I wonder why they want the headers at all,
>  since compilation (I think) depends on having libc5-dev), and also
>  don't want to pull in the rest of the kernel sources.

I guess I wasn't clear enough -- I was actually wondering why kernel headers
were included anywhere *except* with the kernel source. I can see some logic
in having a kernel-headers package for those who don't want all the kernel
source, but I totally fail to see why any kernel headers are included in the
libc packages. Kernel headers are dependant upon the kernel source, not on the
C libraries. It just doesn't make sense to me.

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 5 days. If you don't  ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail ]
[ (we have a sometimes sporadic connection to the internet) ]

"Money can be lost...beauty normally fades with the years...health may fail or
   some disease can strike...friends usually vanish, perhaps die.  Only
   memories remain for as long as you live. so, live that your memories will
   make you glad rather than sad."
   - George Dubow