kernel headers

Is there a good reason that the kernel headers have been separated from the
kernel source? I think it is a very Bad Thing to separate the headers from the
kernel. The kernel is the heart of the whole system, and I don't think it's
wise to split it up.

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 5 days. If you don't  ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail ]
[ (we have a sometimes sporadic connection to the internet) ]

"Let us go forth not as defenders of the status quo, but as crusaders with a
   revolution idea - that government should be the servant and not the master
   of the people; that its purpose is to protect, not deny, each man's
   freedom; that the purpose of a free press is to liberate, not enslave the
   human spirit."
   - A. S. Hills, President Inter-American Press Association