Re: Must pppd be run by root?

Craig Sanders said:
> I thought only root could add entries to the arp table?
>
> in fact, i just tried setting an arp entry as 'cas' and got:
>
> SIOCSARP: Operation not permitted

Well, I guess I have no explanation, then. But it's working for me.  Perhaps I
ran it as root once, and the other machines on the network all remember the
address that was being arp'ed for?

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 5 days. If you don't  ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail ]
[ (we have a sometimes sporadic connection to the internet) ]

"Be true to your work, your word, and your friend."
   - Henry David Thoreau