Re: X font server instructions

Stephen Early writes:
> Maybe the new version of emacs is requesting more fonts? The X server
> doesn't multi-task while rendering fonts. If this is a problem, you
> should consider setting up a font server.
>
> I suppose I should write some instructions on how to enable the font
> server in Debian. It's actually quite easy:

Yep, I did this some time ago at work. Just tried it here, and it helped!
I knew this problem from machines without 387, but.. anyway, now it's
much smoother.

Any other hints about a good fontpath? What is really needed, what
not? Maybe less fonts also saves some time/memory..

Many thanks,
Olaf
! dc1ik@bofh.ampr.org - erb@inss1.etec.uni-karlsruhe.de ! Finger me for !
!   <A HREF="http://home.pages.de/~dc1ik/";>click</A>    ! PGP-public key!