X Windows

I found some time this weekend to finaly set up X windows and was able to
learn enough to put it off again.
The graphics card in my machine is a Trident TGUI 9440 AGI which the docs
say is not yet supported (as of June of 95) but that someone was working
on it. Has there been any news?
I have a Cyrus Logic card in the shop I can swap. I suspect that will
happen before the new driver gets to me :-)
I am somewhat put off by the hodge podge of packages in the x11 section. I
know I need:
xserver_xxxxx	I chose xserver_svga
xlib
xbase
xfntbase
xmanpages
fvwm2
Is there anything else I need for a minimal X installation? How do I tell
(asside from examining dependencies and description fields) which of the
other packages in this section are desirable, necessary, objectionable,
etc...
I'd love some pointers on what's left as well.

TIA,

Dwarf