X Windows

I found some time this weekend to finaly set up X windows and was able to
learn enough to put it off again.
The graphics card in my machine is a Trident TGUI 9440 AGI which the docs
say is not yet supported (as of June of 95) but that someone was working
on it. Has there been any news?
I have a Cyrus Logic card in the shop I can swap. I suspect that will
happen before the new driver gets to me :-)
I am somewhat put off by the hodge podge of packages in the x11 section. I
know I need:
xserver_xxxxx	I chose xserver_svga
Is there anything else I need for a minimal X installation? How do I tell
(asside from examining dependencies and description fields) which of the
other packages in this section are desirable, necessary, objectionable,
I'd love some pointers on what's left as well.