problems compiling with R0.93

When I try to compile my own "hello world" program I get these error
messages:

gcc -g -o hello -L/usr/X11R6/lib hello.o -lXaw -lXt -lX11
ld: Output file requires shared library `libc.so.4'
gcc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 6
make: *** [hello] Error 1

Compiling the program with:

gcc -g -c hello.c

works fine, but the linking part just won't work. It's funny because
I've successfully compiled the 'xli' package on my machine. And I have
checked, I do have the libc.so.4 library in the /lib directory.

 Magnus Therning (d94magth@isy.liu.se)