Must pppd be run by root?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Must pppd be run by root?
- From: Rick Macdonald <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 12 May 1996 01:56:13 -0600 (MDT)
- Message-id: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960512015248.13320A-100000@prg4>
I'm configuring a fresh install of 1.1. I can only start pppd as root.
I found that /etc/ppp had permisions of 700. After changing that it
still can only be run as root. Comparing "strace" output shows that
it may be failing doing an ioctl on /dev/ttyp0. Changing the permissions
of this tty to 666 didn't help.