Re: Sendmail Log

> Just a quick question. I was looking through the log for sendmail this
> afternoon and noticed that it stopped recording where mail was comming
> from and only recording who the mail is for.
>
> What is causing this to happen ? and how can I get it to record who the
> mail is from and who it is to.

I'm not sure I understand the situation. Can you provide an excerpt of your
sendmail log where this has occurred?

Sendmail normally logs mail transfers as a two-line event, the first line
indicating the sender and source statistics, and the next line indicating the
destination and delivery status. These two lines can be separated,
unfortunately, by other syslog events. But I don't have any idea yet what
would cause sendmail to log one but not the other...

--
Robert Leslie
rob@mars.org