scsi on the 1.1 boot disk

I was curious as to why the new 1.1 boot disk kernels don't seem to have the scsi
drivers compliled in?  I've down loaded the latest disks and tried to boot up a
couple of machines, one with the NCR 53c810 and the other with an Adaptect 2940 scsi
controller, neither kernel pick up the scsi disks.  Shouldn't the initial boot
kernels have as many drivers as possible turned on??

Do I have to pass boot parms or make custom bootdisks in 1.1?

Thanks.
--
Mike Chovan
CSGnet