Re: 1.1 X setup default: bs/del don't work with motif apps.

On Thu, 9 May 1996, Yves Arrouye wrote:

> The subject says it: none of these keys work with Motif apps on a
> fresh installation. I'm sure some xmodmap commands (though I'm not
> sure which ones, if you can help) would do the trick, but I wonder
> what neither of them is usable by default?

I did a ln -s /usr/X11R6 /usr/X386
in order to get the motif application netscape running.
This way it will find the
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB
for wihich netscape looks at
/usr/X386/lib/X11/XKeysymDB

May the debian team will include this symlink in the xbase package

Yours
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: zxmmz01@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de            //
//    http://www.schwaben.de/linux                        //
Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form, in
whole or in part.   License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft
for $299. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.