Re: more mirror questions

On Mon, 6 May 1996 Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca wrote:

>   Bernd>  Hi, perhpas somebody can help me. How do I tell mirror the Tiezone
>   Bernd> of the Remote Host? If I want to mirror master, ftp and a german
>   Bernd> site mirror alway compares different times. Any good solutions?
>
> That has been bugging me as well when I switched from ftp.debian.org to some
> other mirror during the hick-ups at ftp.debian.org. It would be really nice
> if we could store files dates in UTC (GMT) rather than in localtime. If we
> can't persuade mirror(1) (haven't checked man page or code), maybe someone
> could hack a script that "touch"es files with the info from the debian/ls-laR
> file. Opinions?

Over the last few days my mirror started retransferring everything again.
I didn't bother to figure out why; I finally went and added the
get_newer=false parameter to my setup.

New files and files whose _sizes_ change still get transferred.

I just hope that people stick to the "rule" never to update a file
without incrementing the version number in the file name.

 ...RickM...