Re: Verifying that download was successful?

Rob,

Any hints on where I would find dftp....

I have just mirrored the unstable 1.1 release and want
to now use dftp, but can't find the correct one...

Mart

At 09:48 PM 05/05/96 -0500, you wrote:

>M> Hi, I am downloading debian 1.1 beta using ftp.  I want to check
>M> that the files have been downloaded correctly.  One way of doing it
>M> would be to manually do a md5sum on each file and check it against
>M> the "Packages" file, but this would take a long time.  Is there a
>M> quicker way of doing it?
>
>dftp will do this automatically via "dftp verify".
>
>--
>Rob

[   Martin Rheumer -                                                     ]
[        System Operator for Mogwais Lair BBS  (03) 9898 2205 Modem      ]
[        System Administrator for Acepia - The Internet Connection       ]
[        mrheumer@acepia.apana.org.au          (03) 9883 9316 Pager      ]
[                                              0411  418 898  Mobile     ]
[ "Wow, I just typed all this while looking at the TV I must have        ]
[ been multi tasking, Better Yet I'm a Sysop"    Published with Thanks   ]