Re: X not allowed by user other than root

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Stephen Early wrote:

> Ah. It's a problem with fvwm. Do you have strange permissions set on
> /tmp? /tmp should be owned by root.root, with mode 1777 (drwxrwxrwt).

Bingo!  The permissions were 1755.  Changing them fixed the problem.  I
am mysified how the permissions were set wrong in the first place...

Thanks!

Carlo

    *                            Carlo U. Segre                           *
    *      Department of Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences       *
    *        Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616          *
    *   Voice: (312) 567-3498                      FAX: (312) 567-3494    *
    *                      segre@charlie.acc.iit.edu                      *