Re: Various problems with 1.1

> 1. On boot, I get messages like
> No dependency information for module /lib/modules/current/fs/nfs.o

Hm. Try running "depmod -a" and see if it goes away. Tell me if that's
the case. It may go away when I replace the kernel.

> 2. The console seems to be configured for a US rather than a UK keyboard.

Fixed in next upload. Sorry.

> libtermcap.so.2.

Go in /lib and symbolic link libncurses.so.3.0 to
libtermcap.so.2 and then run "ldconfig" and see if that helps.
I think the ncurses package should probably provide this link.

> shouldn't there be an ELF version of dpkg available?

It's in project/experimental . I think you may have to upgrade libc4
before installing the a.out dpkg before performing the upgrade. Ugh!

> 5. Somehow I seemed to end up with a fairly corrupted filesystem

New fsck finds stuff the old one missed. This can be disconcerting.

> 6. Is it possible to have more than one version of a package installed
> at once?  I'd like to have 1.2.13 and 1.3.64 of `source' installed

It could be made to work by using virtual packages for the kernel.

> Incidentally, when it tried to remove 1.2.13, it left all the .o files behind

I guess it should clean when removing itself.
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184,849,036 domestic, $117.5M overseas and counting.