Re: SUMMARY: Various problems with 1.1

David M Smith writes:
> DMS> 1. On boot, I get messages like
> DMS> 	No dependency information for module /lib/modules/current/fs/nfs.o
>
> Bruce Perens suggested "depmod -a" which might work, but I've been
> playing around with new kernels since then which confused the issue.
> I haven't been able to find any definitive explanation of the use of
> modules; there's a bit in the Kernel HOWTO and the manpage for depmod
> helps, but a Module HOWTO explaining how to set up /lib/modules and
> /etc/conf.modules would be useful, IMO.

Does anyone else have this dependency problem? I did experience it sometimes
but cannot track it down to find the cause. A simple depmod -a helps, but
where does it come from? If you have that problem again, could you please
send me the modules.dep file?

Also there shouldn't be any need to adjust /etc/conf.modules except for
local adjustments, i.e. I add 'alias eth0 3c509'. If you need some more
aliases please mail them to me so I can include them in the next release.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
meskes@informatik.rwth-aachen.de |   \__ \/ /_  / // /_/ /_/ / _ \/ ___/ ___/