XFree86 3.1.2D

	Just for clarification, when I suggested making Debian packages
for 3.1.2D, I wasn't refering to replacing the 3.1.2. Obviously when the
time comes to actually make the official version upgrade, whoever
maintains the XFree should do that. What I was suggesting was having an
alternative package with the beta software to facilitate the use of 3.1.2D
for those who need it. Obviously having 3.1.2D as the standard Debian
XFree would not work. May 31 would roll around and everybody's machine
would break. Definately not a good thing. If I can make it work with just
the servers and the xlib and extension libraries, by putting these in
/usr/local/bin, I'm not quite sure which all libraries I need to put in. I
assume you meant that the servers go in /usr/local/bin, and the libraries
either overwrite the old ones, or go in /usr/local/lib or something? I
would just wait for the next non-beta release so I could just install it
with the Debian packages, but like I said, I NEED 3.1.2D right now.
Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if you could be a little more specific as
to what parts of 3.1.2D I need to install and where so that I don't toast
my current installation and have to restore the whole X11R6 directory.

							Shawn