syslogd installation problem

I'm trying to upgrade my system to 1.1.  When trying to install the new
syslogd package, it dies saying:

Setting up syslogd ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/syslogd.postinst: /etc/init.d/syslogd: No such file or
directory

And, indeed there is not /etc/init.d/syslogd on my system.  There is
however a sysklogd (note the 'k') file in /etc/init.d.  The start of this
file reads:

#! /bin/sh
# /etc/init.d/syslogd: start syslog daemons.

(Note the lack of 'k' in the second line).  So, I'm wondering if this
file is just named incorrectly, or perhaps the syslogd.postinst file is
trying to access this file by the wrong name.  Or, perhaps it's something
silly I've done elsewhere.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerry
gerry@blue.intele.net