Re: Using PCMCIA with Debian

Jean,

I have now installed the PCMCIA driver successfully on Debian.
I have kernel version 1.2.13 and installed pcmcia 2.8.9. Newer
pcmcia versions did NOT work, this may be due to incompatibility
with the kernel versions or due to bugs in the pcmcia software itself.
Hopefully this will work on your system to.

If you want to install the cardinfo program too (nice but not necessary)
you need to install the xforms package. The makefile in the cardmgr folder
contains a target cardinfo. On my system I had to change the library path
from X11 to X11R6.

Markus